Rules For Interpreting the Bible
- Every passage has but one meaning.
- The simplest, most obvious meaning is usually the correct one.
- Always allow the author’s own explanation to stand.
- Interpret in light of the context.
- Interpret in light of the environment of the author.
- Must be in harmony will all other passages.
- One passage will often explain another.
- All passages on a given subject must be studied.
- Observe the proper balance of Scriptural truth.
- Let plain passages determine difficult ones.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download